Sunday, June 5, 2016

"Memphis On My Mind" - "Second Time Around Tour #1

DIOCESE OF MEMPHIS
Priest June Study Days

INTENTIONAL PRESBYTERATES 
Part II
"Claiming Our Responsible Freedom as Individual Priests"

Rev. J. Ronald Knott
June 6-9, 2016

"No one can replace us in the responsible freedom that we have as individual priests."
Pastores Dabo Vobis #69

PUTTING ON YOUR BIG BOY PANTS:
A Personal Commitment to Serious Priesting

PHYSICIAN, HEAL THYSELF:
On Removing the Planks From Our Own Eyes First

IT'S SIMPLE REALLY:
Lessons From The Rabbi's Gift

GIVE ME A BREAK:
Saying No to Gossip, Jealousy, Narcissism and Suspicion

THROWING OFF THE CRUSH OF GARBAGE:
The Power of Forgiveness

THE JONAH COMPLEX:
The Convenience and Selfishness of Playing Small

PROTECTING THE FIRE, NOT PRESERVING THE ASHES:
Lessons From Pope Francis

THE SHOW MUST GO ON:
You Don’t Have the Luxury of Coming Unglued


Bishop Terry Steib, SVD

Below: Pickwick Landing State Park, Tennessee
   

Thank God I don't have to get on an airplane for this one! 
I am going to take Sunday and drive down leisurely.
I-65 South through Nashville?
No way in hell! 
I am going through Hopkinsville and Fort Campbell!


Beautiful rural Tennessee!

Crossing the Tennessee River.



After seven hours of hard driving, getting lost a few times on some back road short cuts, I finally got here!
Sundown comes
to
PICKWICK LANDING STATE PARK
Tennessee

I came early to get some needed rest and to be fresh and ready to meet Bishop Terry Steib and his priests tomorrow morning for the second year in a row for what I am calling my:
"Memphis on My Mind" Second Time Around Tour.


No comments:

Post a Comment