Saturday, September 24, 2016

THE KNOTT AND CLARK EXPEDITION - PART #2 OF MISSION TRIP #5

THE KNOTT-CLARK EXPEDITION HAS LANDED

WE MADE IT HERE, FINALLY!

Father Clark and I finally made it! After leaving the house at 4:00 am, we finally got to Kingstown, SVG, at 10:00 pm.
The worst part of the trip was sitting in the Barbados airport for six hours because of LIAT AIRLINES missteps - as I predicted yesterday.



In the Barbados airport, Father Clark was asked to go across the street from the airport terminal to smoke a cigarette. He found some shade under a palm tree. He assures me that he is "not addicted" and that he can "quit any time." I must say,  he did go a long time without suffering too much.

A FUNNY SITUATION

While Father Clark was smoking at the Barbados airport, I hugged a woman whom I thought was Sister Clare from SVG. She looked puzzled as I grabbed her, but said "Will you be stopping by our place?" I said I would "depending on the schedule." I had to leave her, but waved again as I crossed the sidewalk. She waved back! When I got to SVG, I was told that it was NOT Sister Clare after all, but a total stranger!



I took a picture of the cover of the LIAT AIRLINES magazine in my seat pocket after being delayed yet again  on one of their flights. I think there is a misprint, It should say: SIXTY YEARS OF LIAT - SIXTY HORRIBLE CARIBBEAN EXPERIENCES.




A FLOCK OF VOLUNTEERS MEET FOR BREAKFAST

Father Clark, Martin Falon and Fergal  Redmond meet for their first breakfast.
Father Clark is from Kentucky (USA), Martin and Fergal from Ireland.



TWO FRIENDS STOP BY THE PASTORAL CENTRE
Matthew and Martin Young (sons of Maraika Young of the Diocesan Staff) stopped by so I fixed them up with a cap and sunglasses, Don't they look "cool?"

THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP

I would like to thank all the generous people who supported this trip. I was able to bring down about $10,000 altogether. (about $5,000 from my column in The Record and about $5,000 from my recent speaking trips. We have made a big step toward getting the SECOND WIND GUILD headquarters set up to receive retired priests and lay professional volunteers. 

We have a long way to go, so it's still not too late to help. 

Make your checks out to:
St. Bartholomew Church - SVG Mission Fund
 send them to me at:
Rev. Ronald Knott
1271 Parkway Gardens Court
#106
Louisville, KY 40217 


THE USED LAPTOP COMPUTER APPEAL PAID OFF

Father Clark and I brough down four used laptops thanks to
Church of the Epiphany and Brown-Forman Cooperage.
They will be used by religion teachers on the outer islands and other church workers.


Gary Marvin of Church of the Epiphany delivered two Chrome Books donated by his parish to the Diocese of Kingstown, SVG


Ms. Teresa Campbell delivered two used DELL computers donated to the Diocese of Kingstown, SVG, by Brown-Forman Cooperage where she works.  

No comments:

Post a Comment