Sunday, October 9, 2016

Awards.....

...CARRY A COST

You end up with a "bellie!"



I haven't won that many awards, but I have had that same feeling she exhibits!

I had a chicken like the one she is holding and we even had a propane gas tank that close to the house! 


A PATHETIC START....

1. My first award was a Parker Pen and Pencil Set for a fire prevention poster I did in the second grade for a regional contest.

     2. I came in first place in a "sack race" at the Meade County Fair in the sixth grade.

     3. I won a purple ribbon in 4-H for bread baking in the seventh grade. 

     4. I won an art contest at Saint Meinrad College for my sculpture of a seated man.  


....FOLLOWED BY A VERY LONG DROUGHT....

....THAT GOT A LITTLE BETTER LATELY.



Louisville Central Area, Inc.
Community Award for Significant Contribution to the Revitalization of Downtown
1983-1997


The Charles L. Weisberg Brotherhood Award
National Conference of Christians and Jews
2001


National Federation of Priests' Councils
Touchstone Award
2008
Building Intentional Presbyterates 


Distinguished Alumnus Award
2010
Saint Meinrad Seminary and School of Theology


Distinguished Alumnus Award
2015
Catholic Education Foundation
Archdiocese of Louisville

I haven't won that many awards in my life, but that hasn't stopped some of my friends begrudging me a few trinkets for my bookshelf. One good friend called me "an affirmation_____!" Friends have a way of keeping you humble even when you don't want to be!



2016 Bellarmine University Bellie Award
"CATHOLIC IDENTITY IN THE SPIRIT OF THOMAS MERTON AWARD"

In accepting this award, I told the audience at Bellarmine. "I came here seventeen years ago without a "bellie" and today I am leaving with two of them!"