Wednesday, November 2, 2016

MAY THEY REST IN PEACE


ALL SOULS DAY
Remembering Those Who Have Gone Before Us


REMEMBERING THE DECEASED AT SAINT MEINRAD ARCHABBEY












REMEMBERING THE DECEASED AT THE ABBEY OF GETHSEMANI





FRANCISCAN FRIARS AT THEIR CEMETERY IN WASHINGTON DC



WHERE I WILL BE REMEMBERED SOMEDAY

To the left of Father Felix J. Johnson, my first pastor and
to the right of my parents and in front of my paternal grandparents. 








REMEMBERING ALL THE RELIGIOUS WOMEN

When I was down in Dallas leading the Carmelite Priest and Brother Retreat at the Provincial House of the Sisters of the Holy Family of Nazareth, I visited the Sisters' cemetery. This stone stood out. Sister Mary Eugenia Potentia (formerly Eugenia Morkowski) died at the age of 105! She had been a nun for 90 years! If anyone deserves heaven, it has to be this woman! A nun for 90 years! Wow!




I couldn't help notice another Sister, Sister Mary Ancilla (formerly Delores Sojka) of the Sisters of the Holy Family of Nazareth, who died the same year as my first grade teacher and friend, Sister Mary Ancilla Meyer of the Sisters of Charity of Nazareth. My Sister Mary Ancilla was 93 when she died and was a Sister for 75 years or more.



No comments:

Post a Comment