Thursday, March 23, 2017

NAPLES PARISH MISSION - PART TWO

PHOTOS FROM MONDAY, TUESDAY AND WEDNESDAY
photos by Ms. Yenlys Hernandez and Fr. Ronald Knott



8:30 Monday morning Mass entrance procession with Father Orsi presiding and me concelebrating. 


Father Orsi, an Italian priest, celebrated Mass on the Feast of St. Joseph.
St. Joseph is a favorite of the Italian community. Part of the prayers were in Italian. We had special cookies and cakes after Mass and the morning conference.


Preaching the first conference at the 8:30 Morning Mass on Monday



Both Monday and Tuesday morning Dennis and Angie Shaw, former Louisville Cathedral parishoners, showed up! It was so good to see several parishioners  from there down here.



Every Tuesday after morning Mass,  the parish serves a nice breakfast with an omelette station and lots of other things. Here is a satisfied table of parishioners lingering after breakfast.

SUNDAY BRUNCH

Sunday I had brunch with some more former Cathedral parishioners: Bert Paradis (and Jo Ann), Ja Paradis, Kris Paradis and Rory Paradis. I was so excited about seeing all of them that I forgvot to take a picture.

TUESDAY NIGHT PARISH MISSION CONFERENCE/ PENANCE SERVICE

Tuesday night, the second Parish Mission conference was integrated into a Penance Service. About 25 priests showed up to help with the great number of Confessions. Most of them came for an early dinner at a nearby Italian restaurant before time.


WEDNESDAY LUNCH

On Wednesday, I had lunch with Jim and Jamie Broome and Bob and Ann Allison, all former Cathedral parishioners in Louisville. I forgot to take the picture until they left!!!!




My cousin Joyce (Smith) and her husband Richard Bruder attended all three nights.



Judy and Ed Hardesty also attended. I grew up with Ed Hardesty in Rhiodelia, Kentucky. He was in the grade ahead of me. He was fun and loved adventure.



Wednesday night crowd, typically of each morning and evening.




Preaching my heart out!



Saying thanks to the great pastor, Father Bob Kantor.












Shaking hands with my cousin, Joyce, on my way out at the close of the Parish Mission.



I hated to turn my SMART car back to Cecilia and Jeff. I had gotten used to it. I am very grateful for their wonderful generosity. Because I did not have to rent a car, I had more funds going to the mission projects.



Thanks to Dr. Cecilia Anzures and her husband Jeff Antle for their wonderful hospitality.
They picked me up at the airport and took me back, let me use their guesthouse and their SMART car.  They have a home in Naples and Louisville and share so graciously with me and monks from St. Meinrad Archabbey where they are Oblates.


No comments:

Post a Comment