Tuesday, July 11, 2017

HEADED DOWN AGAIN TO MY ADOPTED DIOCESE ON MONDAY




MISSION TRIP NUMBER SEVEN 




BISHOP, PRIESTS AND DEACONS 
of the 
DIOCESE OF KINGSTOWN
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines

  

I will be meeting up with some of these guys again next week!
July 17-26, 2017



In the meantime, pray for my safe trip and pray that our
LOUISVILLE S.O.S. SHIPPING CONTAINER
gets there before I have to come home!

It's on a ship somewhere in the Caribbean right now, between Jamaica and Saint Vincent, full of life-giving medical supplies for the poor, items for our Pastoral Centre renovation project, lab equipment for a Catholic High School and 15 laptop computers for our (postponed) kids' computer camps.

It would be "icing on the cake" if I could be there when it arrives and is opened by Bishop County and the Minister of Health - even if it were on the very last day. This project has been over a year in the making. 

Any last minute gestures of generosity can still be accepted.

Remember, once we get the Pastoral Centre renovated (and we are getting closer each month), we can start inviting retired (or not) professional volunteers (Catholic or not) to come down and do some real missionary work with me. If you can't go personally, you can always support those of us who can, any way you can.

On this trip, I will check on renovation progress and make some important decisions about that progress. Watch this blog, especially over the next week or two, for photos of the progress.

It is truly amazing how far we have come this last two months after years of dreaming and planning.

Make your check out to:
St. Bartholomew Church - SVG Mission Fund.
Just call me at 502-303-4571 
I'll find a way to get it before I leave on Monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment