Tuesday, November 14, 2017

LOOKS LIKE SANTA WILL BE DELAYED

IF THINGS CHANGE, WE WILL LET YOU KNOW!





My very close friend and fellow volunteer in the islands, Fergal Redmond,  is home in Ireland for a scheduled visit before Christmas. He was scheduled to return to the islands December 1, in plenty of time to be Santa again when we distribute the toys we shipped down a couple of weeks ago. 

Unfortunately, he is dealing with an unforeseen health situation requiring some tests and certainly a change of schedule at the very least. 

He has become a dear friend and my closest partner in the island mission work in which I have become involved. Please pray for a speedy recovery. They need him. I need him. He needs to continue his ministry. 

He is extremely dedicated! In the picture above, he is actually doing island business on his ipad in the hospital canteen in Ireland. He was doing island related business in the airports on his way home as well. He, like me, is hooked on his retirement ministry. We never quit thinking about SVG. 

IN LIGHT OF THIS PROBABLE DELAY
THE SHOW MUST GO ON

If Fergal is delayed in Ireland, as is probable, I know he would not want to disappoint the kids in the islands. Therefore, I have been thinking of a PLAN B just in case, while still praying for his speedy return. 

No one can take Santa's place. I would not dare put on Santa's uniform in his absence. Therefore, I will still go down on schedule, and if Santa cannot be there, I will hand out the toys in his name at the St. Benedict Home and the Bread of Life Home, serving as as his pathetic elf assistant.
Santa made it clear. He plans to be there next Christmas for sure.  God help us if the elf were to get sick too!




I know he reads my blog, so I hope this post brings him a chuckle in this unforseen situation.  


No comments:

Post a Comment