Friday, February 2, 2018

ALL DRESSED UP AND READY TO GO


FROM THE MISSING FILES
THESE OLD PHOTOS WERE FOUND RECENTLY IN MY GARAGE



In this one I was thirteen - five months away from going to the seminary.  




A few months later, I had just turned fourteen! 


This old photograph was taken a few minutes before leaving home for Saint Thomas Seminary, a place I had never seen before in my life (not even pictures), to begin my twelve year trip to the priesthood. I thought this photograph was forever lost, until I found it just recently in my garage. It was taken in September 1958.



Saint Thomas Seminary on Brownsboro Road in Louisville.

Some more photographs that I presumed lost.



Here I am in my second year of high school seminary. This was the year I was almost sent home. The rector called me into his office and called me a "hopeless case" to my face. Does that young man look like a "hopeless case" to you? 



On a home visit on Easter Sunday the following spring - 1959 - age 15. 
I have no idea why I was so happy! Maybe it was because I was not thrown out after all?



Graduating senior year of high school seminary 1962 - age 18.



End of first year of seminary college 1963 - age 19.

I was getting taller and thinner! Oh, to be thin again! 
Noticed the same clinched left fist as the one in the first picture?????

Seminary does strange things like that to you!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment