Tuesday, June 5, 2018

RONNIE OF RHODELIA: A REFLECTION ON TWISTED THINKING




For most of my life I have been embarrassed by my childhood pictures. In this, my first grade school picture, all I could see were defects: ears and teeth that were too big and a home-made shirt sewn together by my dear mother who did the very best she could with what she had! For most of my life, I could not look at this picture without feeling shame.

Today, I want to apologize to that little boy for being ashamed of him. Today I see an innocent little country boy with bright eyes trying to manage a smile. Today I see a sweet  child who seems to see something far off that he finds curiously fascinating.  Today, I see a brave little boy trying to hold it together.

This is the first time I have shown this picture to the public. 
Today, I want to pat that little boy on the back, give him a big hug and tell him how brave he has been.  














I AM SURE THERE ARE MANY OF US! 















No comments:

Post a Comment