Tuesday, July 24, 2018

GOT PENS? I'LL TAKE THEM!


THE RESPONSE IS WONDERFUL!

One woman in Elizabethtown alone found 32 around her house. 

I received a box with about 25 pens, some other small items like erasers and a $100  check from North Carolina. 

I received a $30.00 check from Indiana. 

I have a promise from a person in Florida who has "a lot of pens," as well as a similar promise from two other people here in Louisville. 



LET'S KEEP IT GOING FOR A FEW MORE WEEKS! 
School Doesn't Start Till September 3rd Down There



ANNOUNCING

"USED BALL POINT PEN DRIVE" 

I'll take those used ball point pens that you have in your desk and kitchen drawers. Almost everybody has a bunch of them!
Maybe your company is changing its logo or name and has a bunch that can no longer be used! 






Before my last trip to the island missions, I gathered up some things for the kids down there. I had about one hundred ball point pens in several drawers around my condo that I had just thrown in the drawer from the hotels where I had given priest retreats, from the bank when I go and from various sources that give out advertising pens. 

Down in the islands, many of them were snatched up by the staff of the Pastoral Centre where the bishop lives and has his diocesan offices. It seem that pens, because they are expensive down there and no businesses seem to give them out for free, are always in short supply. The schools and the orphanages value them as rare commodities. 

Why buy them when there are hundreds of them lying around not being used?

I have been buying up school supplies for the kids in the islands when school starts this fall. I am a master shopper for "sales." I recently bought several hundred dollars worth of school supplies for about eighty dollars! 

"On sale" and with my additional "$10 off $40 coupon," I got $1.49 notebooks for $0.25 each. I got boxes of $2.99 colored pencils for $0.81 a box. I got $2.49 boxes of crayons for $0.47, $2.00 bottles of glue and boxes of pencils for $0.47 a box -  on and on! 






One receipt that amounted to $55.40 after sale and coupon. 


Sister Carmen and her second grade class at St. Mary's School hold some of the 
school supplies I sent down last semester. 


Then I remembered all those pens I gathered from the various drawers in my house! Why buy more pens when people have them lying everywhere not being used? I decided to have my own "used pen drive." 

FATHER KNOTT'S 

VERY FIRST 
USED PEN DRIVE

 You, of course, are invited to collect them from various friends, neighbors, parishioners and relatives for me. 

Bring them to the Cathedral (I am there most Sundays) or, when you get a bunch, give me a call and we will find a way to get them to me.  
502-303-4571





No comments:

Post a Comment