Saturday, March 30, 2019

ISLAND VOLUNTEER TRIP #12 - PART I


I'M ON MY WAY DOWN TODAY 
(SATURDAY)! 

I left Louisville at 7:00 AM 
I should be in Kingstown by 2:30 PM

(follow along this week - there will be several posts)








For the first time, I can fly all the way to Saint Vincent with only one stop in Miami. American Airlines now has a weekly Saturday flight in and out of Saint Vincent which makes the trip a whole lot less stressful.


I Can't Wait to See My Island Friends Again




Bishop County seeing me off at the airport at the end of my last visit.



Father Richard Paynter (on the right) and Daphne Paynter (on the left), former Anglicans, are married to each other. Father Richard is a Roman Catholic priest and Daphne is Bishop County's secretary.




A crowded Cathedral celebration in Kingstown SVG.



Some of the kids at Saint Benedict Home for Children with Carmelite Sisters Nyra Ann and Carmen.



Pastoral Centre Staff - Pam, housekeeper, and   Collitta, cook, in our newly renovated kitchen.



Some of the Caribbean dolls I give to the kids in the islands and people up here who help with my Parish Missions.



Fergal and Martin, volunteers from Ireland



Some of the kids from Bread of Life Home for Children



Parishioners of Mary, Star of the Sea, Church in Sandy Bay



Some of the kids at Saint Mary's School (Cathedral)



Most of the priests, Sisters and Lay Staff of the Diocese.



.....and many, many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment