Tuesday, April 2, 2019

ISLAND VOLUNTEER TRIP #12 - PART II


I AM NOT HERE VOLUNTEERING ALONE




On the left is a psychologist on the left, Jerry Jensen, of Minnesota. He is working with some adults who can help him offer care to the children who need counseling. 
 In the center is Bishop County.
On each side of the bishop are Redemptorist priests conducting  Lenten Missions in some of the parishes, There are four of them working as a team. 
On the right is one of the Catholic school teachers. 



I PREACHED THREE WEEKEND MASSES
with Redemptorist Father Rodney Concelebrating

Saint Benedict in Georgetown
Saint Joseph in Bellvue
Mary, Star of the Sea in Sandy Bay



Mass at Saint Benedict in Georgetown



Mass at Saint Joseph in Bellvue



I met Jamary at Mass when I came down for one of my first trips. He has really grown, but still carries the cross at Masses. 



The is the Deacon Best Family - Deacon Best, his wife, his two daughters and granddaughter. 



Adrian, the drummer at Mass, and I talked before Mass. 



A Methodist Minister and his wife, Reverend and Mrs. Brown, attended Mass today. 
Father Rodney was the main celebrant for this Mass and I preached, 



This little guy got a pair of swim goggles that I had brought in my gift box. 



I talked to some of the kids after Mass. One of the things I noticed here is that people still dress up for church - the kids are always dressed and combed and at their best! 



Mass at Our Lady Star of the Sea in Sandy Bay




Preaching in Sandy Bay.   



I brought everyone a small gift - children and adults. 
Everyone was excited about what I would pull of of the box next!



The parish in Sandy Bay knew my birthday is coming up so they presented me with a cake at the end of Mass and prepared a wonderful lunch for all who had attended the Mass,



WE MADE A STOP AT 
SAINT BENEDICT HOME FOR CHILDREN



Carmelite Sisters Nyra Anne and Carmen



"Yes, Sister, I agree! She certainly needs a new wheel chair!" 



I can't believe how much he has grown! 



Thanks to a couple of generous sponsors, the young girl in the middle with the red shirt, Aneisha, went to the Special Olympics 2019 in Abu Dhabi with Sister Nyra Anne and and some twenty-four other kids from Saint Vincent. She ran track and came home with two gold medals and one silver medal. There were 5 other gold medal, and one bronze medal, winners from Saint Vincent. 

No comments:

Post a Comment