Saturday, September 7, 2019

THE PEOPLE OF SAINT VINCENT ARE ALWAYS ON MY MIND

 LOOKING OUT FROM THE DECK OF THE PASTORAL CENTRE

Diocese of Kingstown
Saint Vincent and the Grenadines

  

Looking out from the island of Saint Vincent to the island of Bequia in the gray-blue haze. They are only two islands of the total thirty-two islands that make up the country.  


A MARINER'S PRAYER


O God, I ask you to take me into your care and protection along with all those who sail ships.


Make me alert and wise in my duties. Make me faithful in the time of routine, and prompt to decide and courageous to act in any time of crisis.



Protect me in the dangers and perils of the sea; and even in the storm, grant that there may be peace and calm within my heart.



When I am far from home and far from loved ones and far from the country that I know, help me to be quite sure that, wherever I am, I can never drift beyond your love and care.


Take care of my loved ones in the days and weeks and months when I am separated from them, sometimes with half the world between them and me.

Keep me true to them and keep them true to me, and every time that we have to part, bring us together in safety and in loyalty again.

This I ask for your love’s sake.

Amen







  

No comments:

Post a Comment