Saturday, September 5, 2020

I GIVE UP - THE PANDEMIC WINS ANOTHER ONE!


IT'S OFFICIAL

 MY 50th ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION

MOVED TILL NEXT YEAR


               " FIFTY PLUS ONE" CELEBRATION"          

     Cathedral of the Assumption (Louisville) - May 16, 2021

Saint Theresa (Rhodelia) - May 23, 2021

   

FIRST MASS PHOTO

May 17, 1970

My third cousin, Father Bob Ray, was going to preach at my home parish celebration down in Rhodelia. I had told him not to make it "all about me." I wanted him to focus on what God and his people have done for me over the years, not what I did for God and his people during my fifty years as a priest. I wanted the focus to be on them and what we have done together, not on me. 

With that in mind, I decided that I could not put people's health at risk so I could have a celebration. I couldn't live with myself if I insisted that we proceed with a public gathering in spite of the pandemic. 

Neither did I want a lame, half-celebration. Therefore, I will wait till my next anniversary date and have a FIFTY PLUS ONE CELEBRATION. By then, we will know whether the world has ended or whether it is safe again to have such celebrations. 

I hope and pray that I will see you there and then? Let's celebrate our ministry together for fifty years, plus one, with amazement and gratitude! 

Father Ronald Knott

No comments:

Post a Comment