Thursday, December 31, 2020

GOOD-BYE 2020 - HELLO 2021

 2020
So I'll Never Forget, I Wrote It Down
   Order your copy from MY BOOKSTORE link on the right of this page


GOODBYE 2020
Good riddance! I am happy to see an end to the political and the health nightmares we have been through, especially since the end of last February! I am looking forward to hopefully getting back to a "normal" political climate and I am looking forward to getting both of my Covid-19 vaccination shots so that I can hopefully get back to leading a somewhat "normal" life!  I don't want to go through either of those nightmares ever again! 

I will always remember 2020 as the "Year of the Face Mask and Other Personal Protective Equipment." the "Year of the Respirator," the "Year of Toilet Paper," the "Year of Live-Streamed Masses," the "Year of the Essential Worker," the "Year of the Morgue Truck" and "the Year of the So-Called Rigged Election." How could a year with such a perfect sounding number, 2020, turn out so badly? 

Tomorrow, letting by-gones be by-gones, I look forward to a new political climate, getting my vaccines shots (as many as I can get), eating out more and having people in more and maybe even traveling again. I will try to never complain about "normal" again!  Today, at least, "normal" sounds "heavenly" to me! 

Of course, in hindsight, I hope to see that there may have been several "good things" about 2020. My list may be short now, but I hope that by looking back on 2020 I will be able to add more and more "good things" to my list. Right now, I realize that I learned in 2020 just how fragile life can be, just how convenient "normal" is and just how lucky I am just to have survived. Right now, I realize that I learned in 2020 just how grateful I am to have health care, how grateful I am to have food and an income, how grateful I am to have a safe and comfortable place to live and how grateful I am for scientists who are able create a vaccine against this pandemic. 
 

HELLO, 2021
Welcome! Come on in! So glad to see you! 
Now tell me where I can get those vaccinations!!!!


What a wonderful thought it is that some of the best days of our lives 
haven’t even happened yet.” 
Anne Frank


No comments:

Post a Comment