Tuesday, August 3, 2021

MOVING CLOSER TO MY TWENTY-EIGHT YEAR OLD DREAM


FROM 
"HOPELESSLY CLOSED" 
TO 
"HOPEFULLY REOPENED"

My "closer to home" project is coming along quite well. We have a long way to go before it is finished, but we are making more progress than many thought possible. Little by little, we are turning the now closed (1993) Saint Theresa/Cross Roads School into a new Saint Theresa Family Life Center to serve the whole community, from youth to the elderly, into the years to come. Personally, I would like to see us rededicate it on the Feast of Saint Theresa of Avila on October 15, 2022.  As she herself said "Whoever is favored by God is capable of great things!" 


We Hope to Have the Outside Done for the Annual Parish Picnic on August 14


THE EVOLUTION SO FAR















GETTING CLOSE TO FINISHING PHASE ONE - THE OUTSIDE

                                


NOW ON TO PHASE TWO - THE INSIDE

NEEDED SOON
FOR PHASE TWO

Phase One is paid for! I have invested a big chunk of my own retirement savings in this project, but I am going to need the help of many more people to finish it. If you would like to become a Saint Theresa Heritage Partner and follow the progress of this evolving project and help it along, please let me know. I will see that you get copies of our newsletters as they come out, either by e-mail or snail-mail. 

You can even contact me directly to discuss ways you might help. I believe there are still a few heroes out there! Let's help this 203 year old country parish find new ways to keep itself going. I, for one, know that this is where I want to place my gifts and talents in what is left of my retirement years. Please help us finish the next phase, the most complicated phase, of this hope-filled project by October 15, 2022, the Feast of Saint Theresa of Avila. 


Rev. J. Ronald Knott
1271 Parkway Gardens Court
#107
Louisville, KY 40217

jrknott@bellsouth.net
1-502-303-4571



 



 




No comments:

Post a Comment