Friday, December 30, 2022

MAYBE NEXT YEAR?

 

Beginning in 2011, I was able to offer an annual "Blue Christmas Mass for the Grieving" first at Our Lady of the Woods Chapel at Bellarmine University and later at Holy Family Church on Poplar Level Road here in Louisville. It was very popular and well attended telling me it was very much needed in our community. It had never occurred to me, before that, that so many people grieve in such a very serious way over the Christmas holidays. 

Because of COVID, I was forced to cancel for two years. This last year, I was so deeply involved in my Saint Theresa Family Life Center project down in Meade County that I simply did not have time to plan and execute it for this year. 

Starting back in September, people never quit asking if I were going to do it again and were genuinely disappointed when they were told "no." A few days before Christmas, I got a call from AMERICA magazine, the wonderful national Jesuit weekly journal, wanting to interview me about my annual "Blue Christmas Masses" for last week's edition of their magazine.  That interview renewed my hope that I will be able to offer an annual "Blue Christmas Mass" again at Christmas 2023. 

He is the link to the article that came from that pre-Christmas 2022 interview. 

    ‘Longest Night’ services bring comfort to Catholics dealing with loss this Christmas season

No comments:

Post a Comment