Thursday, July 27, 2023

STILL ENCOURAGING MY YOUNG ISLAND FRIENDS

 

THE ST. VINCENT AND THE GRENADINES DELEGATION

HEADED TO WORLD YOUTH DAY IN PORTUGAL

In London, for an airport stop-over, on their way to Lisbon, Portugal, for this year's World Youth Day. 
They will get to see Pope Francis who will also be at World Youth Day

People usually laugh when I say I am going to "quit doing" this thing or that thing! They still laugh when I talk about "quit doing" any more "building projects and major fundraising." 

I am serious about quitting "building projects," but I may slip a bit when it comes to a little fundraising here and there. I do plan to quit doing any further building projects, but I do plan to offer some programming down in our newly completed St. Theresa Family Life Center at my home parish in Rhodelia. I do plan, as well, to mention a few small worthy projects on my blog to see if anyone else would like to join me in supporting them.  

Even though I basically quit my ministry in the Caribbean missions a couple of years ago, I stay in contact with a few friends down there. I was recently moved to help with sending some of their young people to this year's World Youth Day in Lisbon, Portugal. I did the same several years ago in support of some young people down there who wanted to go to World Youth Day in Krakow, Poland. I especially like to support this cause because it is always a life-changing experience, especially for those youth who have never had the chance to travel off their small islands.

After this year's trip appeared on my blog a few months ago, two or three people responded to my invitation to join me in sending a few young people from the islands to this year's World Youth Day in Portugal. I am happy to report that we fully supported three of the young people in the group shown in the photo above!  They left for Portugal on Sunday for the adventure of their lives! 

Say a prayer that they will all have life-changing experiences and they will all arrive home safely when it is over! 

No comments:

Post a Comment