Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Wanna Help?

A Van This Christmas For the Missions?
$23,000 Down $10,000 To Go


VOLUNTEERING IN THE FOREIGN MISSIONS....
As many of you know, I started volunteering to help Bishop Jason Gordon in his Diocese of Kingstown in the island country of St. Vincent and the Grenadines last Holy Week. I will be going down again in December and again in February. I will be, among other things, working with some of the permanent deacon classes and maybe doing some ongoing formation with the priests.  I hope to expand my time gradually after these first three initial trips.
...AND LEADING PRIESTS RETREATS
I am also continuing my work leading priest convocations, retreats and study days in the United States, Canada and beyond.

I am planning to donate the $10,000 that I will make in stipends for doing the above convocations, retreats and study days this fall to my new RJ MISSION PROJECTS FUND.

At the top of Bishop Gordon's list of priorities for my fund are two vans to transport people to church and other diocesan programs.
MY DREAM IS TO GET THE FIRST ONE BEFORE CHRISTMAS
The island of St. Vincent, Diocese of Kingstown, SVG, West Indies and Bishop Jason Gordon

Does anyone want to help with the rest? If so, ........

Make your tax deductible donation by check made out to:
St. Bartholomew Catholic Church - SVG Mission Fund

Mail it to me at:
Rev. J. Ronald Knott
1271 Parkway Gardens Ct. #106
Louisville KY 40217

You will receive a letter of acknowledgment of your gift.
If you want to send the donation directly to St. Bartholomew, contact me.