Thursday, February 18, 2016

MISSION TRIP THREE - 2-18-16

FROM THE ISLAND OF BARBADOS TO THE ISLAND OF ST. VINCENT

LIAT AIRLINES
Image result for liat airlines
"Leeward Islands Air Transport"


It is only a half-hour flight, but it is one of the most stressful parts of the trip because this airline has a reputation for delays and cancellations. It has a nickname: LIAT - "Leaving Island Any Time." To be fair I haven't had any big problems myself and the planes are relatively new and clean. It's "what might happen" that stresses me. You don't get to pick your seats. They are assigned. You do a lot of waiting in a small waiting area and you also worry about your bags making it to your destination. All, in all, it is part of traveling by air these days - you never know for sure until it is over.

Judge Judy is impatient! 
I am just looking forward to getting there!


Well, the plane was delayed twice, but we finally left early on the second delay! 
When I arrive at customs is where my luck picked up. I was third in line and my suitcase came out fourth!

Bishop-Elect County and about four or five others from the diocese formed a small welcoming committee as I exited customs.  Bishop-Elect County will be ordained the new bishop here on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment