Tuesday, October 24, 2017

CHRISTMAS PROJECT PROGRESSES, BUT STILL TIME TO HELP OUT


THANKS TO ALL WHO HAVE SO FAR HELPED THE
R J MISSION PROJECTS
ISLANDS CHRISTMAS PROGRAM



Look at my little friend Daniel's small tongue wagging as he opens his present last year.
His tongue is really going to stick out when he sees what he is getting this year! I got him something very special this year.

Santa (Fergal Redmond) left today for a visit home to Ireland. He will be back around December 1 in plenty of time to hand out our toys.

Since I will assist Santa in handing out the toys, I have invested in an elf hat. Now I just have to not back out wearing it at the last minute. To give me courage, I got a hat for each kid at a bargain price of $0.50
each!



I PACK THEM AS I BUY THEM

HERE ARE FEW OF THE TOYS THAT ARE READY TO GO






Toys for the Island Childrens' Homes
St. Benedict Home for Children
Bread of Life Home for Children
(I'll get to help Santa hand them out when I am down there December 11-19.) 
and a little money for
the Annual Diocesan Childrens' Parties on 
St. Vincent and four of the outer islands. 


I hope to send all the toys down by November 6 so they will be there for sure when I arrive the week of December 11
By then the Prime Minister of that country will have declared his annual import tax amnesty on toys coming into the island.  
No, I am serious. There actually is an annual import tax amnesty on toys at Christmas time!  



Many of the kids at St. Benedict Home for Children are severely handicapped and cannot use their limbs well so soft toys with simple musical push buttons are popular. 



These Disney backpacks, regularly $19.95  cost me $4.95 on the "clearance" rack.
I bought ten - five appropriate for the girls and five appropriate for the boys. A nice woman behind me in line at TARGET handed me a $20.00 bill when I told her where they were going!


 "CLEARANCE" AND "SALE" ARE MY MIDDLE NAMES
I never pay full price. Here are just a few of my other bargains. 




Another bargain! Got three! She even looks like most  of the beautiful wide eyed brown-skinned girls on the islands.




I got a real deal on these so I bought three for the kids to share.



For some of the severely handicapped children,  toys like this are very popular.



What little boy would not like to put this together 25 ways!




This is going to make some little girl very happy!



Something for an older boy to share with a friend at the Bread of Life Home where
many tend to be fully functional.



I got five large $19.95 Teddy Bears for $7.95 each. Many of the "special needs" kids love plush toys.



Sister Nyra Ann suggested some of these because they are educational.




This will be a hit for sure. Everyone in the Caribbean loves soccer!




I got three of these "retro" radios at a real deal: red, black and teal. Add some ear buds, a bunch of extra batteries and an electrical outlet adapter for the islands and you've got great gifts for some of the older kids.  This red one is for a teenage girl who loves music and can play the steel drums and a bit of guitar.


If you are interested in helping me with these Christmas projects, please send your tax-deductible check 
made out to ST. BARTHOLOMEW CHURCH - SVG MISSION FUND to me. 


Rev. Ronald Knott
1271 Parkway Gardens Court
#106
Louisville, KY 40217 

No comments:

Post a Comment