Friday, October 27, 2017

MOVIN' ON UP!

MY FRIEND BISHOP JASON GORDON
HAS BEEN PROMOTED




Bishop Jason Gordon, who got me involved in the Caribbean missions has been chosen by Pope Francis to be the next Archbishop of Port of Spain, Trinidad and Tobago. 

He is actually going back to his own country of birth. 

He was originally the Bishop of Bridgetown, Barbados, and Kingstown, St. Vincent and the Grenadines. Last year, Pope Francis divided his responsibilities and gave the Diocese of Kingstown  to Bishop Gerard County, while he kept the Diocese of Bridgetown. Pope Francis has now promoted him to be Archbishop of Trinidad and Tobago.  

This means changes for me as well. He helped me establish two chapters of my CATHOLIC SECOND WIND GUILD, one in Barbados and one in St. Vincent and the Grenadines. I do not know what this will mean for my connection to Barbados going forward since I do not know yet who the next bishop will be or whether he will be interested in continuing. I suspect he will want the help. 

I also stayed several times at Bishop Gordon's house in Barbados as I was passing through on my way down to St.Vincent. He always stayed at my house when he visited his seminarian at St. Meinrad Seminary over in Indiana, as he will next week. 

However, knowing Archbishop Elect Gordon, I suspect he will want me to open a third chapter in Trinidad and Tobago or transfer the old Barbados chapter to Trinidad and Tobago. Time will tell. I will keep you posted. 

He is scheduled to visit the last couple of days of October and first couple of days of November. There will be a post about that visit coming shortly.  

No comments:

Post a Comment