Monday, December 11, 2017

CARIBBEAN MISSION TRIP - Number Eight

LEAVING TODAY
DECEMBER 11-19, 2017

LEAVING LOUISVILLE 7:00 AM
ARRIVING UNION ISLAND 5:30 PM 

Pray for a safe and successful trip.
Several things have gone wrong already this time. 


I go alone, encouraged by the prayers, well-wishes and gifts of many wonderful friends. While there, I plan....

- to visit the Union Island parish for the first time,
- to help dedicate the new Saint James Chapel,
- to view the progress of the Pastoral Centre renovation.
- to celebrate weekend Masses at one or two parishes and
- to deliver a few Christmas presents, hopefully. 

I say "hopefully" because the toys for St. Benedict Home and Bread of Life Home have still 
not been delivered to St. Vincent as of last Thursday.  

In short, I am going to bless and be blessed. 



Louisville to Miami, Miami to Bridgetown (Barbados) on AMERICAN AIRLINES


FROM BRIDGETOWN (Barbados)  to UNION ISLAND (St. Vincent and the Grenadines)
This will be my first trip on SVG AIR. I hear its schedule is more reliable. I usually take LIAT AIRLINES., known for its delays and changes. 


 Maybe I'll get up enough nerve to take a trip from Union Island to Canouan Island in our new RJ MISSION PROJECTS boat and outboad motor? Again, maybe I won't! We are talking about miles of open ocean here - and in an open boat at that!

After two nights on UNION ISLAND, I will take a SVG AIR flight to St. Vincent, landing at the new Argyle Airport. 


On December 19, I'll be flying back to Barbados on SVG AIR, then from Barbados to Miami and on to Louisville.on AMERICAN AIRLINES. 


In February, I'll go down to St. Lucia for trip #9 to lead their priest retreat with Archbishop Rivas.  Then it's back to St. Vincent in May for trip #10. 
     

No comments:

Post a Comment